Why You Should Be Happy Right Now:
1. You’re reading this, which means you’re alive.
2. You’re not blind.
3. You have hands and fingers to do wonderful things.
4. You’re literate. #ThankATeacher?
5. You have access to the Internet!
6. You live in the 21st Century and not the Middle Ages (unless you’re a time traveller)
7. You’re a multicellular organism – no big deal if one cell dies. That poor Paramecium, though.
8. You’re intelligent, and you can do literally anything you want to.
9. The fact that you’re reading this means you are in relatively good conditions, compared to the rest of the world where children are struggling to find food on the streets and have very little prospects for a future like yours.
10. You have the capacity to be happy.
11. Scientists at Harvard reversed ageing in old mice.
12. The Sun isn’t going to die for another 5 billion years.
13. You’re not a teeny tiny bug; in fact, you’ve probably squashed one at some point.
14. You have so much to look forward to! Besides life milestones, so many advancements are happening and are going to happen in your lifetime – AI, anti-ageing research, extraterrestrial life, the hyperloop, self-driving cars, and so much more.
15. You’ve got electricity, dude.
16. You can make a difference in someone else’s life right now.
17. You can listen to your favorite song right now.
18. You could teach yourself a billion things for free with courses from Coursera and EdX.
19. You could teach yourself to code right now and build the website you’ve always wanted.
20. You could make the app that you’ve always dreamed of.
21. You have the ability to love.
22. You can feel emotions and express them.
23. There are more than 7 billion human beings like you.
24. You can watch the number of human beings on our planet increase right now – World Population Clock
25. You have the potential to change the world.
The negative emotions you might be feeling right now are only temporary! Smile, because you can!